Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Teachers Fieldtrip and Joe's Birthday

We had another fieldtrip for the teachers. This was a hiking trip to Bukhansan Mountain. I asked my COT if she was coming and she said no because her health isn't that great and in the 5 years that she has been at our school she hasn't missed one day of work or ever came to work late. And if she went hiking her condition would be bad and she would get sick. It was actually beautiful and I took off one of my layers once we started walking some. There were 2 groups-the male teachers took a more challenging course, and actually went to the peak that Kwang Min and I went to last time. The other group was the one I was with-my life COT and some other female teachers--we just went on "Dulegil" which is just a path that goes around the mountain, but there was a little bit of 'hiking' or stair climbing we had to do.

We left school around 2 and hiked for about an hour and a half. Then we walked to a restaurant that our school has been going to for a really long time after doing a hiking event like today. Our walking group met up with the rest of the teachers from my school there. We had some traditional Korean food for dinner. Afterwards, we got "service" and the restaurant had a shuttle bus take some of us back to the school. That was really nice. I got home a little after 6 and had decided earlier in the week I would be making cookies. I ran over to Emart to look for pretzels and M&Ms. I found a bag of M&Ms but no pretzels, but Jacob said his store had some and told me he'd come up to deliver them. So, I whipped up the batter and waited for my pretzels to arrive. Jacob came over and I added my final ingredients and--voila, M&M Pretzel Cookies were born. They turned out really good.

Jacob and I watched some TV on my computer and did a little bit more research for our trip.

Happy Birthday to Joe!
Bukhansan
Teachers
Fall
Red, red.
Love Fall
Some pretty purple berries
CUTE dogs we passed on our way down the mountain--I WANT ONE!
Just the first round of dinner--a few more plates were brought out after this

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy Enjoyed the blog. Pictures were great. You really get arouhd. Nice that you have the cooking utensils. I also love the fall colors and that time of year. Love Grandpa

    ReplyDelete