Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Dinner Date with Mina

School went alright. I had some classes do a great job with the preposition lesson and some that were so quiet and unresponsive we didn't even get to finish everything. I was just standing there asking the question over and over while crickets chirped in the background... The last class was my favorite class, and apparently it was their last class with us, so my COT told me 10 minutes before class that we wouldn't be doing my lesson, but rather they'd watch the ending to a movie. Oh, okay.

After school I did a few errands and then I met up with my friend Mina for dinner near City Hall. She and I met quite randomly. Back in August during the IKAA Gathering, my adoptee friend Ginger came to Seoul on her way to the US for her vacation. She did the Inje program a year after me and had gotten in touch with me through her Uncle who I met in 2009 on the GOA'L Homecoming Trip. One of her fellow participants, Tommy, was also at the Gathering so the 3 of us were meeting up for dinner. Ginger knew that her friend Mina from Inje now lived in Seoul and invited her because she knew Ginger and Tommy. So, this is how I met Mina. While we were chatting that night, I found out that her (at the time) boyfriend was a good friend of mine from Inje! (They broke up a few months ago though.) Anyway, she and I had tried to meet up over the past few months, but things fell through. She and I met and we went to a restaurant very close to where I was waiting for her. We had spicy pork, steamed pork and dwenjang jjigae (a soybean paste stew). It was pretty good. We had a good time catching up and I hope we will be able to connect again.

No comments:

Post a Comment