I woke up still not feeling great. I had a nice surprise coming to school. My COT told me that she would go to the first class alone so I had a little rest. The next two classes played "Life" and really enjoyed it. The final class watched a movie.
After classes I was able to get out of work a little bit early for "paid leave"--and go to the immigration office. I met Jacob in Jongro and we went to the immigration office together. I walked into the room and almost gasped out loud. It was so crowded! Luckily when I grabbed my number for the F4 category, there were only 10 people in front of me. I feel so bad for the people who were just doing the 'regular' category there; the wait number was so big! I noticed a clump of "Westerners" and realized that many English teachers are probably arriving now in preparation for the new school year starting in 2 weeks. I guess I picked a busy time to remember to renew my visa.
There was only a little bit of a hang up; just having the application form filled out and buying the stamp for my visa prepared. I think in total we spent about an hour there. I had asked my friend what I needed to go renew and he said just my housing contract, family registry and the new 60,000W fee. But, instinct told me maybe I should bring my passport AND a bill/piece of mail with my address on it. Boy, am I ever glad I have an instinct! The housing contract wasn't good enough and the officer asked me for something else. I also needed my passport too. So, finally I get my visa returned and all they did to my ID card was update the dates on the back. Wow, 60,000W to add "good through 2017". Hmph.
When we finished at the immigration office, we walked to Myeongdong and went to go see "Frozen". We ordered a popcorn combo set and found our theater and seats. (In Korea, when you buy your ticket, you get to pick your seat, if seats are available, or are assigned a seat.) I guess we lucked out because we were both expecting the movie to be dubbed in Korean and were just hoping for subtitles, but it was actually in English! After the movie we walked around and tried to decide what we wanted for dinner. We went back to a Korean restaurant we had eaten at a while ago. I ordered vegetable juk (죽, a rice porridge) to help my throat. After dinner, we headed home.
No comments:
Post a Comment