Thursday, February 20, 2014

Game Day

I started out my morning with a skype session with my Mom and Grandpa. While we were talking Martin called and I was able to "talk" with him too.

After skyping, I headed out to the downtown area. I went to two museums; one was a museum about rice and the other was an agriculture museum. Both were free, which is good because they didn't take much time to go through and weren't too terribly exciting. After I finished going through the museums, I met up with Jacob and we walked towards City Hall just to walk and find a cafe. We sat and talked for a bit before going to Hongdae to get a snack before soccer. I introduced Jacob to Issac's Toast and then we went to Daiso so I could buy some cupcake papers. I'm hoping to make miniature cheesecakes soon. My usual recipe has vanilla wafers on the bottom as a crust, but I don't think I can find them here, so I'm going to try and use Oreos as the crust.

We headed to the World Cup stadium and ducked into the Homeplus to grab a few groceries and hung out in the lobby of the CGV (movie theater) before we went to soccer. This week we got our team t-shirts. They're pretty nice looking; our team color is dark blue. We ended up winning 7-3! So we are now 1-1. I played in goal for the whole second half which was a little bit of a bummer because I would have liked playing out, but we were doing well enough that I could actually come out of the goal a bit and play on the field some. I had 2 really good saves and John told me that I should become the official goalie to which I replied, "NO WAY!" After the game, everyone went their separate ways. I was happy when Bora told me she'd see me on Sunday, meaning she'll be coming to play/practice with us on Sunday! After soccer Jacob came back with me so we could make a late dinner. We used the leftover spaghetti meat sauce and made sandwiches. Jacob made cheesy broccoli.
Korean agriculture tool, ho-mi; showing the different variations from different parts of Korea

Yummy sandwiches

No comments:

Post a Comment