Monday, February 17, 2014

Long Day

Work was easy, but also kind of difficult. Being a "contract teacher" I need to come to work during the Spring Break (this week and next week; waiting for the new school year to start). However, I am not allowed to work at my desk in my office. I think this is just my own school's policy, not Seoul wide. Anyway, I'm in the main office; the office with the Vice Principals, head teacher and other office administration I suppose. It's a bit awkward doing my work in here and it's a lot more busy/noisy than my regular office space. The computer is just as slow as my other one. For lunch they ordered delivery and I got kimchi jjigae.

After work, I went to Hongdae. Last week I saw a restaurant that had hummus and falafel so I wanted to check it out. Unfortunately...the restaurant is closed on Mondays. Whoops. Oh well. Instead I walked all over Hongdae looking for the right place to satisfy my taste. I found a place that had "bap burgers" (rice burgers--inside mine was tuna and kimchi). I ate that and walked around some more, trying to figure out what else I wanted to eat. I went to Beetlejuice and got a strawberry banana smoothie. Later, I met Jacob and we went to Schneeballen, a pastry shop that has "schneeballen" which is like a hard cookie/donut and "cronuts" which are all the rage now (a mix between a croissant and donut). We tried the schneeballen and it was delicious. In order to eat this odd dessert, you need to smack it with a wooden mallet and there are "stations" around the shop to do so. Kind of fun. Next time I want to try the cronut!
Original Schneeballen
Cracking Zone instructions
Jacob breaking it up
Smashed in the bag
Dessert is served!

No comments:

Post a Comment