Today was the last day of desk warming! I looked for different activities to do with my new classes, but as I mentioned before, it is difficult to plan too much without being able to collaborate with my future COTs. For lunch we went to the restaurant I had lunch at on graduation day. I ordered dolsot bibimbap. It was pretty good. Again, I had to practice my Korean. One of them asked me how much I understood of their conversation/what is spoke and I said maybe 10% or so. Then one said I had a small face and I nodded and said thanks and then they all said that I didn't understand 10%, I understood 100%.
When we returned to school, my life COT told me to meet with her, so I went to go talk to her. She told me what I had figured about my desk/office space. So, the room is split into two rooms, the smaller one is entered through the main room. It is quite cold because there is no heater and one wall is next to the stairwell. At first, she told me that the main room would be shared with my COT and me and the smaller room would be left for the Guidance Counselor to use when she comes in the afternoons. Also, she said that because the room was small, the Principal figured my new COT and I could just share a computer. I asked if there was wifi because I could just bring my laptop to school, inconvenient as that is, it would be more convenient than having to share a computer. So, we came back to the main office to ask the VP about wifi. After some discussion my COT told me that it seemed like I could pick a room, the main one or the adjoining one and we would each get a computer. She asked me which one I would like and I said I wasn't sure. I know that the adjoining one will be colder, but it will also be quieter. The after school English teacher often has the volume up quite high, so that would be quite a distraction. I can always buy a small 10-15,000W heater to put in the room if need be or buy another small blanket.
After work, I went to Sangsu Station and met Jacob. We went to Gusto Tacos for dinner. Delicious as always. We ordered chicken nachos and pulled pork quesadillas. We went to Schneeballen for dessert and got a cronut (I mentioned this pastry last week). It was so good! Crispy, crunchy yet doughy/chewy on the inside. We had powdered sugar and strawberry filling on it.
 |
| Yummy nachos |
 |
| Cronut |
 |
| Cronut cut up |
 |
| Info about Schneeballen |
No comments:
Post a Comment