Another 3 day work week. One of the Vice Principals came over and started talking to me today. She asked if I was bored, and I said no. I showed her my Korean textbook and she flipped through it and asked me to translate when she read some of the stuff I had written. I went to lunch with 3 other women from the office, one being one of the Vice Principals. It was a little awkward for me and I had to practice my Korean because they didn't know any English. We walked to the Eunpyeong-gu District Office near the school (where I went to get my family registry a few weeks ago) and ate at the cafeteria there. It was 3,500W for lunch (around $3.50), but one of the other women paid for lunch which was nice. There was rice, soup and kimchi (as always) plus a salad as the side dishes. The 2 more main dishes were beef in soy sauce with some veggies and squid and crab meat with cucumber.
After lunch we got tea/coffee from a shop within the District Office and walked back to school. I continued doing work and looking busy for the rest of the afternoon.
When it was time to leave, I went to Emart to get groceries. Jacob lucked out again as I was in the mood to cook and wanted to make beef stroganoff. I got the groceries and came home to prepare dinner. The only disappointing thing was that I could not find sour cream at my store. I thought I would try using plain yogurt, but it was quite sweet so the taste wasn't as I had hoped. I also made a broccoli and carrot "casserole" with cheesy cracker crumbs on top. After dinner we watched some tv and Jacob headed home.
 |
| Veggie Casserole |
 |
| Veggies and stroganoff |
No comments:
Post a Comment