I met Jacob in Hongdae and we went to a restaurant I went to one of my last nights in Korea in 2012. I went with my friend Brian and some Holt staff members; we grilled meat and ate for 3 hours. It was amazing. Anyway, I'd pass the restaurant and saw some pictures of other dishes they had and it looked delicious; plus they were quite cheap. We finally got to go and try it out. It was as delicious as the pictures looked. We ordered dwenjang jjigae (a soybean paste stew with meat and vegetables) that was to be mixed with rice and other vegetables to make a kind of bibimbap and also ordered a bulgogi. There were many side dishes served as well that were quite good.
After lunch we went to the Daiso nearby so I could look for muffin/cupcake pans or liners. I ended up buying liners since I couldn't find any pans. Then we went to Myeongdong area to look for a birthday present for Ji. We were hoping to find some World Cup gear for him or something along those lines, but were not successful. He is currently studying Japanese cooking to get a license so I thought maybe a cookbook would be a good gift. We stopped in a bookstore and I picked one that had Korean and Western dishes in it; it was also a kind of healthy cookbook as well.
We headed to my Korean class building and Jacob parked in the cafe. We went to get a snack and hung out before I went to class. Class went fine. After class Jacob and I came back to my place and grabbed dinner. We watched some tv before he headed home.
| The stew on the left and side dishes on the right; I didn't get a picture of the bulgogi! |
| Jacob and me at lunch |
No comments:
Post a Comment