Thursday, February 6, 2014

Pick-Up Game Day

Classes went alright. I haven't seen my 5th graders in a long time (since middle/end of December)! The lesson was easy; just review, a song and pictionary or charades (I let each class choose).

After I was done teaching, I used the extra planning time to study Korean since my plans are all done for the rest of the year. When school was done, I went to the post office and mailed some letters. I'm proud to say I talked to the clerk in Korean. I noticed a sign that looked like it was showing the post office is moving and asked about it. I returned home and reheated the bulgogi from the other night, watched tv and then got ready for soccer.

I left home and got to the elevator before realizing I didn't have my jacket. Crazy. I went back and got it and went to the subway. I arrived and was going to wait for Sammy and Jacob, but John arrived and it was getting close to the time to show up so I walked with him to the fields. My friend Bora wasn't able to make it to this pick-up game and we were worried about not having the 2nd girl, but it wasn't a problem because the team we were scrimmaging against also only had one girl. The rest of our team trickled in slowly and then we started. We started out quite well; at the end of the first 25 minute half we were up 6-2. But we fell apart a bit in the 2nd half. They almost caught up to us and the game ended 6-5. I actually had a few good saves in goal, so that was nice. Guess I'm lucky that we play on Sundays and I have a turn in there for practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment