Phew. This felt like an exceptionally long week. I met with the last of my 5th graders and realized that was the final time I will meet them this year. (Next Friday is Graduation for the 6th graders, so the schedule for the day is a bit different). The highlight of the workday was probably strawberries at lunch. The 6th graders were alright for my lesson, but when it was time for the 6th period class i stood up and waited by the door for a few seconds for my COT. I noticed she was not making any attempts to leave any time soon, so I went to her desk and asked if we were going to class. Surprise, we don't have class. Thanks, that would have been nice to know. Oh well.
After school I headed to the downtown area early. I got dinner with Jacob before going to class. We had jjim dak (찜닭-the chicken stew). We walked to the building where my class is held and he waited in a cafe for me. I was a bit nervous because my "final" class of the 6 weeks was a test. I had missed the previous class because of my vacation to Malaysia. And last week there wasn't class because of the holiday. That means there was a lot of material I had to teach myself.
Class went fine. I kept expecting a test all class period. Finally after our break I asked the aide if there would be a test and he looked puzzled and said no. Then, the teacher made an announcement saying that we would all be able to advance to level 2B if we so wished. Success! On to the next level!
After class, I met up with Jacob again and we got Red Velvet Cake again at the Swedish bakery. It is so delicious! We headed back and went our separate ways for the night.
No comments:
Post a Comment