Today was kind of bittersweet. I had my last day with my 5th grade COT. I mentioned earlier she was quitting after 3 years here. So, we had our 4 classes today; we watched "The Lion King". I'm pretty sure after seeing the middle/end 40 minutes 4 times today reassured me this is my favorite Disney movie. I gave my COT a gift I had gotten her and I could tell she was touched and trying not to get too emotional. She said even though she was leaving it isn't the end of our relationship. I'm definitely going to miss her. She was so kind and always giving me information that my other COT's didn't pass along to me.
After school I had some down time. I watched some tv before heading over to the World Cup Stadium for our first game! This week we played in the second time slot from 9-10. I saw the schedule yesterday and was glad to see that most of our games happen to be the 8-9 and I'm very thankful for that. We all warmed up a little bit, but it was hard because we were the second time slot and we couldn't use the field at all. The other team was quite good. Both of their girls were skilled and we ended up losing 9-1. It was pretty rough. It reminded me of my MMC days, getting beat up like that. Everyone seemed a little off and sluggish. We were also quite unlucky; some of the guys had good shots but they hit the post or went wide or just over. I played in goal for a good chunk and let in a few, but had a few saves too.
No comments:
Post a Comment