Sunday, February 16, 2014

Lovely Sunday + 1 month

I had a nice relaxing morning. I caught up on my blog and just rested. It feels good to be lazy and not rush off to anything. I made a late lunch before meeting Jacob and traveling on together to Yongsan for soccer.

On Thursday I invited Bora to join us for soccer on Sundays so she can get a little bit more practice in. I'm so thrilled she wanted to join our team, but I want to help her get some more confidence to play. She hasn't played since she was in middle school I guess. I felt bad because she was just kind of thrown in on Thursday, so we're going to get her skills up! :) Anyway, everyone arrived a little bit late. Bora and I passed the ball and she did a pretty good job. The high schoolers Eirik knows showed up and we played against them with one sub. However, a few more guys trickled in and we ended up splitting into 3 teams with one person kind of rotating to help fill in one spot.

After soccer, Jacob and I took a bus to church. We stopped at UPLEX (a shopping center) to use the bathroom and I changed into my church clothes. We went on to church and I realized that I lost my pair of socks. I was pretty bummed because I bought them on my birthday in Busan and they reminded me of my Dad. Anyway, church was okay. The priest had a really long homily and his English and accent are a bit difficult to understand at times.

When church finished, Jacob and I went for samgypsal (bbq pork). It hit the spot; I haven't grilled in awhile, so it was good to have that again. After dinner, I headed home. I got a message from my friend Sung Min (Ji). What exciting news. He and Yeojin are finally getting married!!!! They've been "engaged" for over a year now, but he said they are planning on getting married in March. I couldn't be happier and more excited! This will be the second wedding I've attended in Korea, but the first where I actually know the person (people) getting married.

No comments:

Post a Comment