Thursday, February 27, 2014

Ji and Game Day

Jacob and I went to go meet Ji in Jamsil. It is close to his home and I knew he was doing errands to prepare for his wedding. He was running quite late, so Jacob and I got Auntie Anne’s pretzels for a snack. Ji arrived and we were trying to figure out how to meet; we were talking on the phone and Jacob and I jumped on an escalator—who did we see going up as we were going down? Ji. It was kind of funny. We met up and went to get a very late lunch. Unfortunately, School Food was quite busy and there was a very long wait so we didn’t eat there. We picked an Italian place next to School food and ordered a salad, pizza and pasta. We got fries as service because it took our food a long time to arrive. As we were talking with Ji, he started mentioning things he was giving away or if I needed things. Then, he said they were giving his cat to one of Yeojin’s friends. I said, “wait, why are you giving Changun away?!” and he said, “cause we’re going to New Zealand.” Now I knew they were planning on moving to New Zealand, but this was soon! They get married on April 5 and 10 days later, April 15, they move to New Zealand. I think my jaw must have hit the table. I am so sad that they are leaving. Of course I’m excited and happy for them to follow their dreams and have the courage to move there, but I’m so sad to see them go. We gave Ji his late birthday present—I thought a cookbook would be a nice gift since he had started going to a Japanese cooking class and doubly as a newly married couple. He was so happy with the gift!

After we met Ji, we went to soccer. Again we were a bit early, so we got a few groceries and sat in the CGV lobby before heading out to soccer. This week the team we played against only had 4 members and only one girl. We lent 2 players to their team and accepted an automatic win. We still ended up beating the other team. 
Ji and me
My favorite boys--Jacob and Ji
Soccer Game, Bora doing the kick off with Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment