Camp was easy today. The first two periods I did review with my 4. Then, we had the 3rd and 4th graders come join us in the English room. We had a pizza party and watched Mulan. I was actually pretty lucky-when Troy gave me the movie Despicable Me, he asked if I wanted anything else. I said that we were just watching one movie so that should be fine. He asked Jacob if he wanted Mulan and Jacob said, "of course!" So, Troy put that movie on too. At school, the players we have to use subtitles couldn't pull up anything for the Despicable Me movie; I had started to go into panic mode and asked my COT to try the Mulan movie. And, voila, Mulan worked. Though, as an afterthought, I think it would have been better to have the movie in Korean and with English subtitles. I think the movie went too fast for them and it was difficult for them to read the Korean and fully catch everything.
After the movie, the kids went home and I stayed doing work. My COT informed me their level was quite low so I added a few activities to hopefully make things go better next week when I have them.
I came home and was given one of the leftover pizzas we had. I did some work around the house and got groceries. I putzed and around and was lazy until Jacob left work. I made a salad to go with our pizza and dinner was ready. After dinner we went to Emart to fill up water bottles and then went to Baskin Robbins for ice cream. I saw one of my 4th grade students there. When we left I waved and said hi. It was really cute because when I said hi, her mom started talking to me in Korean (all I could understand was something along the lines that my student wanted to say hi) and in Korean the girl said, "mooo-oooo-m! They can't understand youuu!!!" Haha! The mom made an "oh that's right face" and smiled and waved.
No comments:
Post a Comment