Another bittersweet day knowing it's my last full day in the US.
We went back to exchange the part for the lamp and got the right thing. Then back to Panera for lunch. And then the final trip to Woodman's. We had to get stuff for dinner! After groceries we had to drop stuff off because we had refrigerated goods. In the end we were a few minutes late to Ruth's. We chatted for about an hour and a half. When it was time to say goodbye, it was hard to hold back the tears. Aunt Ruth is turning 98 this year (don't tell her I mentioned her age!) and it is hard leaving again for another year. She is an amazing woman.
Back at Grandpa's, Mom cut the grass and Grandpa and I went back to the lamp. It took us awhile but we finally succeeded (the lamp was really screwy and we had to take the whole thing apart). I'm glad I was able to help fix the lamp. Then I started dinner-tortellini with veggies in the sauce and garlic bread. Grandpa also insisted we get wine while we were at Woodman's so I picked out Moscato. After dinner Grandpa gave advice about marriage and asked what I looked for in a guy. We listened to the last quarter of the Bear's football game too.
 |
| So hard saying goodbye |
 |
| Dinner! |
 |
| Mom and Grandpa |
No comments:
Post a Comment