Camp went okay-today the girl didn't show up and one boy who came last week was there for part of the time. That means I had 6 crazy little boys. They had so much energy and ran around the room during the break times.
After camp ended, I headed to Insadong to meet Katie Kim. (She moved to Saint Joe when we were in middle school/high school and went to college in the US; now she's been living in Korea for a little over 2 years) The last time I met her was last August before my orientation started! I don't know how that year slipped away without us meeting at all.
She had looked up a restaurant to eat at. This one had been on TV so we figured it would be good. The main course was rice with a kind of leafy green cooked in it. That vegetable is supposed to be very good for you. It was served with a lot of veggie sides, though you could order bulgogi (meat) to go with it too. It was really good and I'm hoping to go back some time, though we had to wait a little bit because it was popular.
We finished lunch and then went to do a photo booth thing. Katie had seen it before and wanted to try, but the line was really long. The big selling point for this particular photo booth (there are lots of shops doing photo booths) is that you could wear the traditional Korean hanbok (dress) in your photos! So we picked the hanboks we wanted to wear and waited for our turn. There were 6 pictures and then you got to use a machine to decorate the photos on a computer program and a few minutes later, the photos print out. It was a lot of fun.
We decided getting tea/coffee would be a nice way to sit and chat until I had to go to Korean class. We started walking and I ended up taking us closer towards where I have class. We found a cafe along Cheonggyecheon and ordered-she got coffee and I got a frozen yogurt/ice cream. It was a lot of fun catching up and chatting. It started raining while we were in the cafe. Katie didn't have an umbrella and had to get to the subway. I had the genius idea of walking to my class-just across the stream- and then having her take the underground to the subway station. We parted ways and agreed it wouldn't be so long until the next time we met.
I headed to class, a little worried about the level test at the end of class. Once I got the test, it didn't seem that hard, but there were a few things I was concerned about. As people finished their tests, the teacher graded them and we all waited around. Once almost everyone was done and she was still grading, we put the tables and chairs away and waited for her to give us our results. When I was moving a table, I noticed she was grading my test and writing the score. I thought I saw 38/50--but when she talked to me, she said I should stay in that level once more. So, maybe it was actually 28/50 or its closer to 80% to pass, I'm not sure. Anyway, it was nice because class finished up a little bit early since we had just taken a test and I got home a little bit sooner than normal.
No comments:
Post a Comment