Sunday, August 10, 2014

TYPHOON

Jacob came over for brunch/lunch and we made wraps with the leftover chicken, lettuce, mushroom, onion, carrots and rice. It was really good. We took another walk, this time to the stream. We used some of the exercise machines along the stream and that was fun.

We had a little bit more down time before needing to head out for soccer. As I was packing my bags, I was trying to decide what I should bring along. It had been a bit breezy and cool on our walk, so I figured I'd take a long sleeve shirt. I had an extra tshirt in my hand, but figured I wouldn't need to change into it afterwards so I left it. Just as we were about to leave, Jacob asked if I was going to bring an umbrella and I said,"I might as well, just in case". We headed out and it started sprinkling a bit as we were walking to the station. We figured it'd blow over and be done by the time we got to Itaewon. We got to Itaewon and it was still raining; we took a bus instead of walking all the way this time. The sky looked really dark over the Han River. Jacob and I went to the futsal field and waited for everyone else to arrive. Felix and Ji Sung came and said we were playing on the big field today. They walked away for a bit. When they returned, Mika (one of Eirik's friends, not adopted) was with them and then it started POURING. We then all went over to the big field. We actually had 10 people show up today. The high school boys also came and there were about 4-5 other Koreans that were wanting to play. So they formed a team and we had our team. Oh, did I mention the wind was blowing and it was really cold too? The rain came down so hard it got into my eyes. There was so much rain that there were big puddles on the field in places (which made it really difficult to kick/play and reminded me of the Finlandia fiasco back in college). We definitely lost, I know we had 5 goals; Jacob scored 3 and they had at least 7. It would have been a lot more fun if it wasn't raining or the field wasn't flooded.

After we finished playing, everyone was wringing themselves out. I was glad I had the long sleeve shirt to change into, but my shorts and socks were soaking with no spares and nothing to wipe the water off. Jacob and I ended up splitting a taxi with Eirik and Mika to Sinchon and taking a bus to the kimbap shop. We had originally thought to eat in Itaewon, but we knew no one would let us into their restaurant as soaking as we were. Besides, we were both freezing and wet, wanting to get out of those clothes. So the taxi/kimbap shop was a really good option. We had dinner and both got warm dishes and then went back to his place to dry off our clothes. I borrowed some of his clothes and used a hairdryer to try and dry my stuff. It didn't work that well, but it was enough for a 30-40 minute commute home.

I took the bus and was thankful they didn't have the aircon running on them. When I got home, I took a hot shower. It felt so good after being soaked in the cold rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment