Saturday, August 9, 2014

Last Visit with Krystle and Jacob cooks

Krystle and I had decided yesterday that we should try and meet up one more time before I go home for vacation and she goes back to Vancouver. We met up at IFC Mall in Yeoido and got Tomatillo's to go. I finally got to use my picnic mat that I bought way back in May too! So we ordered our food and walked outside. I wasn't really sure where the Han River was, but I took my best educated guess and we headed across a big street towards a park. Once in the park, there was a map that showed the direction to the river, so I guess I did a good job!

At the Han River, there were tents set up for a "camping site". We guessed you could rent a tent there and having a camping experience. That section was all roped off; looking right though, there were all the families there with their day tents and relaxing or playing with their kids. We walked along the river, trying to find a spot with some shade. We didn't have to go too far before we found a little spot. It was really relaxing and nice to sit outside and have the warm sun and a bit of a breeze. The weather was perfect. We stayed and talked for about 2 hours before I headed back home. It felt strange saying goodbye-I enjoyed getting to know Krystle and she was a good travel mate; we had a lot of fun in Taiwan and Bali together.

I got home and Jacob arrived shortly after to help make dinner. We decided on "Italian Chicken" and used the rest of my bacon (no more bacon after this!) and cheese to top the chicken. I made a salad and a side with broccoli, onion and mushrooms. We also made rice. It was delicious! We were going through my cabinets and realized I should probably eat some of the stuff I have in there that I brought a year ago... I saw graham crackers and was trying to figure out what to do with them. I looked up a recipe and found something good. I melted butter and brown sugar together, poured that over the graham crackers and baked it a bit. Then I put chocolate chips over it to melt them and then added chopped almonds. The only problem I had was with the melted chocolate chips part. I think I had them go too long and they got baked instead of melted, so when I went to try and spread the chocolate they were kind of hard and crunchy so I needed a lot of extra elbow grease to get them to smush. Then the almonds didn't really stick to the chocolate much. Anyway, the next step was to put it in the freezer and cool. So while our dessert was chilling, we decided to go for a walk. I decided we'd wander the neighborhood a bit, and then after walking a bit I realized it wasn't romantic at all, haha. But it was still nice to get out, get moving and enjoy the cool evening. We returned to try the dessert (delicious!) and watch a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment