Then we were off. We had smooth sailing until right before O'Hare; there was a bus accident and traffic was backed up right in front of the airport. We were really lucky because the turn off for the International terminal is first. As we exited for that, we could see the rest of the traffic still at a standstill. Mom dropped me off and agreed to meet me at Korean Air check-in counter. I was going to get a cart, but I wanted to see if I could handle my bags and suitcase without a cart since I wouldn't have one while navigating my way home. It was tricky and a little difficult; very heavy, but not impossible. Mom met up with me just as I was checking in my bags and helped tape the suitcase just in case. She got a coffee and we sat for about an hour and a half. Yet again, when it was time to say goodbye, I couldn't stop the tears. I know it will be sooner that I'll see mom again since she's coming to visit, but it was still hard. She stood at the end of the hallway and waved goodbye. I had about a 20-25 minute wait to go through security and went to my gate. I ended up getting a hold of her through kakao and talked for a few minutes before I got on the plane.
By Korean time, when I got on the plane it was already "tomorrow" so Friday was over.
| Last picture with my pup |
No comments:
Post a Comment