Sunday, November 16, 2014

Pretty Normal Sunday

I had a pretty typical Sunday. I headed out to church in Hannam. They made some announcements about Christmas time. On the 7th there will be a Christmas party and they are also going to be asking people to sponsor a gift for a child in need.

After church, I got a message from Amanda and I ended up calling her and we talked for about 40 minutes. It was the first time I got to use my new headphones with my phone. It worked really well! I was excited. Anyway, we talked and I walked. I wasn't really watching where I was going, just kind of wandering through the neighborhood of Itaewon. I wound up on the back side of Noksapyeong/HBC when we finally finished talking. I was trying to decide what to do. The weather was nicer than it has been-the sun out and not too much wind. I figured it was probably my last Sunday I could get takeout and go somewhere in Namsan Park to eat it. With that in mind, I headed to Casablanca and got a sandwich. (Dangerous place that Casablanca! Especially being in my vicinity every Sunday!) I headed up hill after hill to Namsan Park and found a bench a little bit in the sun.

I ate my sandwich and then I did a little bit of studying. I was just looking over old quizzes I took at Kyunghee University. After about an hour of sitting, I started to get kind of chilled so I took the bus to the subway and subway home. I returned home and changed and layered up again for soccer.

I walked to soccer and arrived around 5:30. I met Jacob by the fields and we sat and talked until everyone arrived. We had a relatively big group-Jeremy had 2 friends from France visiting, so that helped boost the numbers. At first we had 3 teams of 5; we borrowed one of the high schoolers to build a 2nd team. After about 15 minutes Johan and Andy arrived so we made teams of 6, but one team (ours) was short and needed to have someone switch to our team each time. We didn't have a lot of poor players (besides me) on our team, but for some reason we couldn't play well-Jacob said it was mostly because we didn't have anyone that could distribute the ball well.

After soccer, Jacob and I went to Hapjeong to get dinner. We celebrated our 10 months together at Cafe Leemans. We went to one other chain of this in the summer and had really bad customer service, but thought we'd try a different location. We split a dish of spaghetti and their brunch plate. It was quite good. Jacob gave me a container of mini oreos and Junior Mints; I got him some Pokemon snacks.
Dinner was good!

1 comment: