Work passed rather uneventful. I was excited/anxious for soccer all day, waiting for work to finish up. We were playing the RMT team, the only team we've lost to. It was our very first game of the league.
Anyway, Jacob and I were going to meet a little after 6 at the subway station (since he was working in Yeonshinnae) and go to World Cup stadium together and warm up early since our game was at 7. However, his second center didn't have class. Instead he came over here for a little before we left for soccer.
We arrived early and the league organizers asked us to join in a game that was going on. Jacob and I were put on separate teams and I realized it was the first time we played against each other in a really long time (since the league started in February, Sundays we're always on the same team because we try to keep the "leaguers" together). I love watching him play (even if I'm trying to defend against him). I think the team he was on ended up winning--he scored 2 or 3 goals. Then we went to our field and had to get ready for our game. I had gotten a birthday card for the soccer team to sign for him so I got a few signatures when he wasn't looking. Again, we were kind of upset because RMT couldn't field their own team and that was that. We ended up losing 2-6. I think 2 of their goals were scored by a guy that wasn't from their team. They also had some tall guys play, and play quite aggressively. They shot the ball really hard and went in hard. It is kind of ridiculous being a social league that they have to play that way.
After the game, Jacob and I were both grumpy, but we got dinner near my place. We went for bibimbap at a restaurant in front of my building. I got a pork and kimchi bibimbap. The owner heard us talking English towards the end of our meal and asked where we were from. After we mentioned that we both taught English, he asked if I lived in the officetel behind the restaurant building. I said yes and he said that he knows a lot of foreign teachers live there. Included with the meal was a plum juice--we asked what it was and he gave us more and told us to have a lot. Jacob asked him why there wasn't a bulgogi (beef) bibimbap in a hot stone bowl on the menu. The guy said that if we ask for it, they will make it for us. He then looked at his wife and pointed at us and told her "they come. You make bulgogi one." We chatted a little more with him in broken English and Korean.
No comments:
Post a Comment