In the morning I skyped with Mom and Grandpa. It was good to talk with them. I also got to see my baby. We talked for a long time. I'm so thankful for skype. It makes it much easier to be away from friends and family when I can video chat with them a few times a month.
I headed out to Itaewon and met Jacob so he could check on the alterations on his suit coat and the progress of his new dress pants. While he was being fitted I looked at the ties in the shop. I found one that exactly matched the color of the dress I will wear to Sung Min and Yeojin's wedding! The owner said he'd give me a discount so the tie only cost 5,000W. When we finished there, we went to lunch at Chili King. I got the chili (which was spicy!), Jacob got chicken wings and we split poutine (fries with gravy and cheese). It was pretty good. After lunch we went to relax at his guesthouse for a bit before meeting up with my friend Mark and his girlfriend.
We took the bus to Hongdae and waited a few minutes for Mark. His girlfriend's English name is Suzie. They met Salsa dancing--Mark majored in Spanish and spent a lot of time in Spanish speaking countries throughout his college time--which they both enjoy. It was good to catch up with Mark. For dinner we went to Gusto Tacos. After dinner we walked around Hongdae a bit. They wanted to go to get something sweet so we suggested Schneeballen. I had decided that instead of "dessert" for Lent, I was giving up a few select dessert items and a schneeballen was not on that list. Mark and Suzie really enjoyed it. We walked around Hongdae a little bit more and Mark bought some chestnuts to share and we ate them on the street. They had to leave a little bit early because both lived quite far (and in opposite directions from each other), but Jacob and I stayed in a park and talked for awhile before I came home.
No comments:
Post a Comment