Sunday, March 9, 2014

Usual Sunday

Jacob came over again in the morning so we could make brunch. We had breakfast burritos again. After eating, we headed out to soccer. There was a much smaller turnout than last week, I think because the weather is a bit cooler again. I think it ended up being 5 on 5. Bora also came this week, back from her business trip to Singapore. She was a real trooper and got hit by the ball several times. I asked if she was okay and she said she was fine; at the end of practice she told me that she really felt like she was improving and was having fun. I was relieved to hear that. I'm definitely impressed with her gumption and proud of her for coming and playing with us. I know it's not easy to play with a bunch of guys, a lot of them really good and know that you are a low skilled player. Anyway, afterwards, one guy Johan told me he was pleasantly surprised to see how I have improved since he hasn't made it to soccer in a few weeks. Eirik also told me that he's enjoyed seeing me grow and improve in the last few weeks as well. It meant a lot to me hearing it from both of those guys since they are some of the best players on our team.

After soccer Jacob and I took the bus to church. We were both a little hungry so we stopped at Tom n Tom's and split a pepperoni pretzel. It was pretty good--I like the pretzel dough from Auntie Anne's better, but overall I think I might have liked it a little bit more (it also had sauce and cheese--mm, cheese!). Church was okay, but it was a bit awkward when they asked people to introduce themselves. I know it shouldn't be such a big deal to stand up and say, "Hi, I'm Amy and I'm from the US" to the congregation, but if one doesn't want to do it, I don't think he or she should be cajoled or pressured into doing it. This week the Father even went so far as picking out people to introduce themselves.

When church was over we went to Noodle Box for dinner. Jacob walked me to the subway and then I came home. Even if it's not too cold during the day (low 40's-mid 30's) it still dips into the mid 20's at night and its so cold walking home. I am still eagerly awaiting spring's arrival!

No comments:

Post a Comment