Monday, March 31, 2014

Birthday Day!

So many important birthdays on March 31st! Mom, Jacob and Emily! There are a few other friends/acquaintances from high school as well that share the same birthday.

In the free period we have Monday mornings, my 6th grade COT and I went to the English Room to try and arrange the desks differently. First we tried making a "double horseshoe" but there wasn't quite enough room. Instead we just made rows. I think it worked out better than having the students in groups. It's a bit more difficult for them to chat with each other. The only problem is that we have to move the desks back into groups for the after school program, but they will put them back into rows for us when they finish at the end of their session. Anyway, the lesson for today was to create a writing piece about their favorite season and why. I felt really bad for the first class because we did an activity I had planned and then they ran out of time to do the writing part, thus resulting in homework for them. The second class and all other classes following I cut out that activity and almost everyone was able to finish and not have homework. Poor guinea pig class.

After the final period I jetted out. As a surprise for Jacob's birthday, I took a few vacation hours to leave work early. I went to Hongdae to meet him, except apparently I was being too inquisitive and made him suspicious. He figured I was in the area and wasn't too surprised when I showed up at the cafe he was in. We stayed there for a little and then went back to "Goom Steak" for dinner. We both ordered the steak bibimbap. It was really good. After dinner, we came back to my place for oreo cheesecakes. On the way, I grabbed some strawberries from someone selling them on the street. We had dessert and then he opened cards and my present. He really liked the spring jacket-the size was right and he liked the colors too.

When he left, I skyped with my Mom and got to wish her a happy birthday too. :)
Surprise!
Walking around Sangsu
Enjoying the pretty blossoms
Bibimbap, pre-mixing
After mixing and adding spicy sauce
Jacob mixing
In the subway
Birthday Oreo Cheesecakes and strawberries
In his new spring jacket!

No comments:

Post a Comment