Monday, March 24, 2014

Relaxed Monday

Ahh...how nice to have a 40 minute ease into the work day. I can't even begin to explain how nice that first period off in the morning is.

Well, the second period boys were kind of loud and rude. After class my 6th grade COT took 3 of them into my office to talk with them. She saw Sophie teacher and they went into the other little office attached to our room. Sophie teacher went to class and locked the door (padlocks on the outside), forgetting they were in the other room. I was waiting for my 6th grade COT to return and I thought I heard my name being yelled. I looked in the hall but didn't see anything or hear my name again. The students for my next class arrived and asked where Eun Hee teacher was. I said she was talking with some bad students. We kept going and I see 2 boys in the hall waving paper through the window. I went to go talk to them and see a note from Eun Hee saying she's locked in my office! I let them out and we went back to class.

The final class of the day was also quite bad. They didn't pay attention and didn't participate in the activities. Eun Hee was quite upset and kept several boys after to talk to them. I figured we should show a unified front, so I stood with her looking angry at them while she spoke in Korean to them.

After school Jacob met me at the front gate of school. He had sent a message that he was lost and to wait for him-what a trickster because he wasn't lost. He waited at the park across from my school and said some of the ajushis (older men) talked to him. We walked back towards my place and were planning on getting some vegetables. However, as we were walking I pointed out restaurants that I wanted to try and he said "let's try it now!" So we went to one place and shared a spicy pork dish and a bulgogi. It was pretty good. After dinner we went to a new cafe that opened a few weeks ago (also a place I pointed out and had wanted to try). I got tea and Jacob got a hot chocolate and cookie. He said it was pretty good and wished he could share it with me.

When we finished dinner we came back to my place and watched some TV. He took off to catch the subway and bus, but it still took him almost an hour to get back because he missed the subway and had to wait a bit. The buses also run less frequently at night which is unfortunate.

No comments:

Post a Comment