Sunday, March 23, 2014

Skype Date and Soccer

Jacob came over in the morning so we could skype with my Grandpa together. It was great to see my Grandpa and I enjoyed having the two most important guys in my life meet each other. :) We talked for almost an hour before signing off so Jacob and I could have brunch. I put the casserole that I assembled last night in the oven to bake. It had bread on the bottom with cheese on top of that, then I sauteed onion, bell pepper and ham and that went on top of the bread and cheese. Finally I mixed half and half (which I can eat) with egg and poured that over everything. It sat over night and then I baked it. It turned out pretty good, but I wished that I had mushrooms. I almost bought some on Wednesday but figured they wouldn't be good by Saturday/Sunday so I would wait til Saturday night to buy them, but there weren't any at the grocery store.

After we ate brunch, Jacob did the dishes and we watched tv before heading out to soccer. In the morning, Jacob got a message from our mentee's Mom asking if they could come and watch us play soccer. We told them we'd be glad to have them come! So we went to soccer earlier than normal--plus the weather was quite nice. Jacob and I warmed up a little and then I heard my name called. The Mom waved at me and Yoon Joo and Yoon Gyeom came running over. We talked a little and then passed the ball with the kids. The Mom offered us some Burger King, but we didn't want to eat before playing. John returned--he was in the US for a wedding and was out of the country for a few weeks. It was good to see him again. Jacob asked John if the kids could join and play with us and John agreed. More guys trickled in slowly--I think a lot of them got together the night before and had a party because they were all not in top shape for playing soccer and were late.

I was actually a bit nervous having Yoon Joo and Yoon Gyeom on the field with us. Some of the guys still played as competitively as normal and were still shooting the ball quite hard. It was difficult because the kids would run off and on the field. I think the guys were getting annoyed, but Yoon Joo and Yoon Gyeom really seemed to have a good time. They left around 5:30 or so and we told them "see you next week". When soccer ended, Jacob and I went to Quizno's to get sandwiches to go. We walked to church. Church went okay, but again, they were forcing people into introducing themselves which was a bit awkward. We took our sandwiches and went to a Tom n Tom's cafe. We ordered smoothies and ate the sandwiches there. It cooled off quite a bit once the sun went down and I was chilled walking home.

At home, I got a message from an old adoptee friend I met in 2009 from Belgium. He will be coming to Korea in a few weeks and was just checking in to see if it would be possible to meet up while he's here. He's really good with cameras and has given me a lot of helpful information over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment