Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Ash Wednesday

Today was kind of a stressful day. It was a lot of preparing and trying to coordinate with my 3 COTs and discussing the schedule/lessons for our upcoming year. It is additionally difficult because my 5th grade COT also teaches one 6th grade class and my 4th grade COT teaches two 5th grade classes. That means for each grade, I basically need to coordinate with 2 COTs at the same to plan accordingly or I might end up needing to create 3-5 lessons for each unit (there are 6 in one unit) However, each COT has a different idea of my role and her role so it is really important to compromise and work together with everyone. Like I mentioned before, it is also hard to plan because we're starting in the middle of the week. One COT read my mind and suggested throwing in a "free" class for one of the classes that met an extra time at the end of the week so that all the classes would start the same with me on Monday. I thanked her profusely.

After school I stopped home to drop off my computer (I brought it to work to do some lesson planning since I STILL don't have a computer or internet in my office) and put on some warmer clothes. Then, I headed to Itaewon to get dinner. There was a restaurant I had seen that had hummus and other Mediterranean food so I thought that would be a good place to go on a no meat day. I found it, Hummus Kitchen and was going to order the hummus plate, but instead tried a puff pastry filled with cheese, spinach and pine nuts. It was served as 4 small pastries on a stone board. It was pretty good, but I kind of wished I had tried their hummus.

I went in search of the International Catholic Church. It didn't take long to walk there and was pretty easy since it was on a main street and I had been there before (bu coming from a different direction). It was good to find it coming from the way I did because in the summer I might have to start going there for mass in the mornings since soccer will be moved back to the 6-8pm time slot and I won't be able to go to Sogang in the evenings. Anyway, I arrived a bit early and the mass before me coming out was a Spanish speaking mass. Everyone was speaking Spanish in the entrance and it made me think of my friend Liduvina ad I missed her and her family. The small chapel filled up quite a bit and it was a crowded mass. I liked the homily the French priest gave. After mass, I came home and related to prepare for the first day of teaching tomorrow!
Dinner
Harley Davidson--made me think of Aunt Ruth and Grandpa

No comments:

Post a Comment