Fridays I will only have 4 classes to teach; all are 5th grade, but it will be split with two different COTs (Sophie and Chloe). The first class was a bit on the rowdier side. They were quite talkative (to each other, in Korean). We played a game and I noticed a group of 3 girls at one table just talking amongst themselves not paying any attention. The next class Sophie told me not to come to orientation so I had a little break. The last two classes were with Chloe; the first one was an orientation class and the second was their first lesson which I prepared. Partway through class, the screen went out (yes, the TV screen is STILL broken, but there is no real way to fix it anymore; the principal says they've spent so much money on it there is no more budget for it, so it is what it is now.... However, sometimes the screen will go out, but come back on a little bit later) so that made it a bit challenging. I also noticed there was going to be a lot of time left, so I quick threw in an extra activity to fill some time. In the afternoon, I had another surprise. The social worker was supposed to be getting a used desk put in her office (the one adjoining ours), but it was too big to fit through the door, so instead....she was to get my desk and I would get the new, used one. So, I had to take everything out of my desk put it on the ground and wait for the new desk to arrive. Then, I had to set up my desk again. Later, I did some lesson planning down in the vice principals' office so I could use the internet and I got a lot done. When Sophie and I were walking home she told me that she is really glad that we are working together. I was happy to hear that. :)
I came home to drop off my computer and then headed out to downtown. I did a bit of shopping and got kimbap for dinner. I took it to the building where my class is and ate there. Class went alright. They announced that we will have to take a test when this level is over (2 more weeks). I think they are doing it because there is a long waiting list for new people to come in and might try and be weeding the current students out if they aren't studying enough.
After class I hopped on a bus and went to meet Min Kyung in her neighborhood. She will be moving to Inchon on the 16th. What is it with my friends moving away?! Inchon is definitely not as far as New Zealand, but I think it will be much harder to meet her now. She is also thinking eventually (soon) she will quit her job in Seoul and get a job closer to her -new-home.
 |
| Fries and Taco Salad |
No comments:
Post a Comment