The good news about my schedule is that the first period I don't have class. It's nice to settle in for an extra 40 minutes on a Monday morning. I met my old 5th graders, now 6th graders today. It was so nice to see them again! :) I got a lot of big waves and extra loud "hi's" from them. I was happy to see familiar faces and wished I could remember all of their names. It was good to see faces I recognized and know a little bit about their behaviors and attitudes. I sent a message to my old 5th grade COT to tell her I met some of our favorite students and our trouble makers. It made her smile to think of them again.We had to adapt a lot and change things as we went from class to class. I felt super rusty up in front of the class, but everything worked out okay. I think they were extra patient with me only because they knew me.
After work I took a little break at home before heading to Bucheon to meet Bohye. Unfortunately I haven't seen her since October! It's hard to believe that much time has passed since we met last. She works til 7:30 pm so it is difficult to meet and Bucheon is about an hour away from where I live. I took the subway and arrived at our meeting place. Bohye got her hair straightened so it was very long. She also got braces. We went to a dalk galbi restaurant (spicy stir fried chicken) and ordered pizza dalk galbi. It was pretty good. After dinner, we went to a Starbucks for a drink. There is a special "secret" menu with 3 very sweet and expensive drinks on it. We ordered one and a regular menu drink to share. I headed home after coffee and chatting. Bohye and I tentatively made plans to meet either later in the month or sometime in April.
It was a long trek home and I was quite tired, but it was good to see Bohye again.
No comments:
Post a Comment