Monday, March 3, 2014

Back to School

The first day of the new year! Fortunately I didn’t have to teach at all (I don’t teach until Thursday). First thing back, I was asked to move my stuff to my new office space. I took about 4 loads down to the new office, but the desks weren’t set up and another teacher was using the space as storage for mass school handouts. I was surprised at how much I have accumulated at my desk in the 6 months I’ve been working. Most are things I’ve inherited (from the previous teacher and my friend Ginger). Anyway, I spent the next few hours getting to know my new COT. Her Korean name is Sangji and her English name is Sophie. She is one year older than me and is a “special” English teacher. She doesn’t have a teaching degree, so she can only teach English. She and I will share our small office space together and teach 5th grade and one 6th grade class. For lunch, we went with the other subject teachers to a restaurant quite close to my home. I didn’t want to go back to school! Lunch was fish as a main dish and then a stew was served with it as well. I had side dishes and some of the kimchi stew. We all walked back to school and Sophie and I just chatted and set up our office some more.
 

After work, Jacob and I met near Sangsu Station. He was studying in a café and I joined him there before we went to Greek Joy for dinner. It was delicious—I dove right into everything so I didn’t get to take a picture of our salad, soup, bread or chicken gyros. After dinner we went to Schneeballen for our last cronut and schneeballen before Lent begins. This time we got a “Milky Bee Cronut” which just meant there was a heap of ice cream put in the hole of the cronut. Amazing. Best dessert ever!

Milky Bee Cronut!

No comments:

Post a Comment