Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Goodbye Dinner for MK

I met the last of my 6th graders today and half of my 5th grade classes. I like getting to show them some things about me and my life back home. My COT, Sophie, told me that some of them were quite impressed with our house and said that I was a "rich teacher" because the house is so big. Everyone oohed and ahhed over Toby too, of course.

It was a really long day--I have 6 classes on Tuesday so it's a lot of work. It didn't help that I had stayed out late the night before, coming home from Bucheon. I made a note to not do anything too late Monday nights anymore!

After work, I went to Sangsu to meet Jacob. We got some bread as a snack and walked around and looked for the restaurant MK picked. We waited for 6:30 to roll around so we could meet Bora. The 3 of us went in and got a table and looked over the menu. MK picked a Japanese restaurant. The staff was loud and energetic. They made a lot of noise and bowed to us when we sat down. After we received our first dish MK arrived. It was good to see Bora and MK and have time to catch up, all of us together. MK and Bora continued to order a few other dishes as well. Most of the food had seafood in it, and even dishes we asked for no seafood or didn't show any in the description still came with some. Since Jacob is allergic and I don't like seafood, we had a more difficult time eating at this place.

We finished dinner and MK and Bora wanted to go for "second round" and get more food. They wanted ddeokboki /떡볶이/ spicy rice cakes, so Jacob and I went with, but didn't really eat anything. We all walked to the subway together and went our separate ways.

It was sad knowing this is the last time we'd meet while MK lived in Seoul. However, I'm happy for her big move back to Inchon since she'll be close to her parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment