Today is Children's Day--a holiday to celebrate children. Unfortunately, with the Sewol Ferry accident, Children's Day was a bit more reserved this year. The poor families having to deal with their loss and Children's Day occurring so soon afterwards...
I thought I would get a break from the construction as it is a "red day" (read: holiday) but no such luck. No rest for the weary, and I'm getting pretty weary!
Jacob and I met at Sangsu and went in search of Wild Fire, a new American BBQ restaurant (my adoptee friend, Christian -he made Thanksgiving dinner--is a cook there and I met the owner, Jeff, at the GOAL Thanksgiving...Jeff (and his brother Ki) also owns the amazing Left Coast place I went to on Thursday) I had heard about. We got a little lost because we both thought it was in a different location. Anyway, we finally found it and ordered. I got the pork and salad set; Jacob got the chicken rice bowl. Both were really, really good. They have real, real smokers and the meat is so tender and flavorful! We looked at the dinner menu and agreed we'd be coming back soon for dinner. We also ordered jalpeno bread--it was pretty good.
After lunch we went to Yeoido. Jacob's Korean friend Dongwoo told him not to go there because it would be so crowded, but we figured we'd take the risk and see--if it was too bad we could always just leave. Well, we arrived at the shopping mall (and it actually looks like an American style shopping mall!) and it wasn't that crowded. After walking around in the mall, we went outside to walk around the island and towards the Han River...except it was really windy and cold so we didn't get too far before turning around and heading to Hongdae. We had made plans to have dinner with our friend, Maree. She is going to be returning to the US at the end of the month and since May is going to be so busy, we thought we'd sneak in a dinner with her. Well once we got to Hongdae, we went to Auntie Anne's for a snack. Hongdae was pretty crowded-much more crowded than the mall at Yeoido was. We finally settled on a restaurant in Yeonhuidong, the neighborhood that Jacob and Maree live in (she is at the InKAS guesthouse) and so we headed over there to meet her. She told us Kasey would also join (Kasey is the other mentor of the 3rd child in our family). We went to a kimbap shop and had a good time catching up.
 |
| Jacob and his chicken rice bowl |
 |
| Me and the pork salad--yum! |
 |
| Jalapeno Cornbread |
 |
| Around Yeoido |
No comments:
Post a Comment