Thursday, May 29, 2014

Phil is Delayed and Last Day with the VD's

This morning I checked my email and was so disappointed to get a message from Phil saying their flight had been cancelled and they would not be arriving in the evening as planned, but they would come in Friday afternoon instead.

I went to work and had an okay day. After work, I decided I would take a different route to Hongdae as an experiment. I walked to a subway station that is kind of near my school and waited for a bus. I had just missed the previous bus so I ended up waiting a bit for the next one to come. Then, the bus was a bit crowded and lots of people wanting to get off at each and every stop. When I got close to Hongdae, I started looking out the window at the big intersection for Jacob and his parents. I saw them and waved to them as the bus went by. It ended up dropping me off at exactly 5:30, the time we planned to meet, but it wasn't as perfect as I had hoped, but definitely less walking!

For their final dinner in Korea, Jacob's parents picked his Imo's restaurant again. This time Jacob, his mom and I all ordered the special of the day--a bibimbap. It was really good. After dinner, we went to Cafe Bene for a honey butter toast. We sat and chatted for awhile before heading back to their place. I was sad to see them go, as I have gotten used to sharing dinner with them and getting to know them.
Yummy bibimbap!
Jacobs parents at dinner!
Outside Imo's restaurant
Honey Butter Toast!!
Saying goodbye at Eastern

No comments:

Post a Comment