Monday, May 19, 2014

Monday Night Classes

Erin woke up early to get ready to head to the airport. I woke up earlier than expected and asked if she would like to take the earlier bus to the airport because we had enough time. She agreed and off we went to the bus stop. I wheeled her suitcase to the stop and we had about 5 minutes before the bus arrived.

After she left, I returned home, around 7am and considered trying to sleep a bit more, but decided to clean and put my room back in order instead.

Nothing too exciting happened at work. We had a staff meeting at the end of the day and the meeting got done really early, so I was able to head to the downtown area extra early. My Korean classes are now on Monday nights (only for 6 weeks). It's a nice change from the Friday nights (I endured that for 18 weeks!), but I really liked the most recent teacher. Anyway, I did some window shopping and sat by Cheonggyecheon. It was nice, but there were a lot of gnats out.

For some reason, I felt extra nervous for class. It's level 3B, so we are using the second half of the textbook from 3A, so there wasn't any reason to be nervous but I was. Most of the students in the class was the same. It's nice to see the familiar faces of my classmates, even if I'm not really friends with them or know them. Class went alright--it was a grammar point that I really struggled with at Kyunghee University. When I looked in the book before class I was a bit worried because I remembered how difficult and frustrating it was to me at the time. It helped having it taught again, in a slightly different way (different teacher, different teaching style). I understand it better, but it is still challenging to put into practical use.

After class, I made my way home and had some of my strawberries for a late night snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment