As it turned out, one restaurant has a small regular set menu and then they have 2 or 3 specials every day. One option was pork and the other some kind of mackerel stew. We figured I could get the pork and she could get the fish. However, those were shared dishes, but we ended up ordering the fish anyway. I had one piece of fish. After lunch, we took off for the Olympic Stadium Park. It took a little over an hour to get there as it is across the city and in the opposite corner. The weather was really warm and it was sunny. A good day for a walk in the park. We walked around a little bit and stopped in the Olympic Museum on the grounds.
We headed back to my side of town and Erin decided she would not come to soccer and wouldn't sit and watch either. At one of the stops I hear, "안녕하세요" /annyeong haseyo/ (hello) and looked up to see Stefano, one of our soccer guys standing in front of me on the subway. It always amazes me when one can run into someone you know on the subway or even other places I suppose, with the city so big and so many subway cars etc.
Stefano and I went to the field together and met up with some other guys waiting. All the guys asked me if Jacob was playing and I said that he didn't really think he would play much. When Jacob arrived a little bit later he announced that he was going to play, haha. He wanted to try playing in goal a bit, but as we got playing he decided to come out of goal and ran around a little. The teams were sooo unfair. They had all the Scandinavian guys together and it was really unbalanced, but we did okay anyway.
After soccer, Jacob came to my area for dinner. He walked me home. When I got back, Erin said her knee was hurting a bit and she didn't want to walk to BR31 with me, so I went to get ice cream for us and brought it back.
| In the Olympic Museum |
| Erin and me in the Olympic Museum |
No comments:
Post a Comment