Work went alright--nothing too exciting to report there. Though one student who has been consistently loud, obnoxious and rude acted much better today (and last week). I talked with him after class and thanked him for his hard work and gave him a high 5, which I hope he understood.
After work, I went to Yeongdeungpo to meet Min Kyung! She wasn't able to meet until 7, so I did some shopping in the underground. I found a skirt, dress, and dressy shirt. I was tempted to buy more, but I held back. Min Kyung and I met up and she picked a Taiwanese restaurant for dinner in Times Square (shopping mall above the underground shopping). We ordered dumplings and shared a noodle soup. It was pretty good. I was more happy to see Min Kyung and spend time with her. Actually a few weeks ago, her dad had a stroke while at work and has been recovering and in the hospital. She's been quite busy helping out and visiting him all she can. Fortunately, her dad is okay and is in a rehabilitation center very near their home. They hope he can move out of there in a few more weeks. While MK and I were having dinner, Jacob's parents landed safely in Korea and he was reunited with them. After dinner, MK and I went to a cafe in the mall also, and had tea.
Sometimes it amazes me, how you meet people and the friends you have. I'm very thankful for the friendship with her. It seems that sometimes you can be closer with someone you've known for a short time with so much distance in between, than people you grew up with. I really enjoyed our short reunion. Then, it was off to return home. There is one station I have to transfer at, Sindorim, and it is like h*** on Earth. It is always so crowded and crazy. When I was going to Yeongdeungpo, it was really bad--they have to have workers stand with rope so that people don't try and go up one side of stairs when there are people trying to go down the other side. However, I was lucky that it wasn't quite so bad when I was returning. Once I got to Hapjeong for my 2nd transfer, I saw that the car was really crowded. I squeezed in and then probably another 6-8 people also pushed their way in. I have never been that squished in a car on my line before!
No comments:
Post a Comment