Thursday, May 22, 2014

Dinner with the Parents

Work went alright--my first period had been rescheduled for 5th period, so it was nice to come in and have a rest before starting on the day. The 4th graders made a "do not" poster and they enjoyed working on them and sharing them.

After work, I came home and baked half of the frozen cookie dough I had saved. I was a bit worried how the consistency of the dough would be after freezing, but it was still delicious. (I mean, they SELL frozen cookie dough, why should mine turn out any differently?!) After baking 2 batches, I headed to Daiso to look for a cute container to put the cookies in. I had no luck, but found a small plate and a gift bag to put the plate in. Not my best packaging/wrapping job, but I had limited time because Jacob messaged me ready to meet me at my subway station. I ran into the station and made it just in time.

We decided we'd hop off a little earlier and get a taxi to the guesthouse to make it on time to his parents. Once we arrived, I handed off the cookies and then we got another cab to Sangsu to Goom Steak. There was about a 30 minute wait. The first two times Jacob and I went, it wasn't busy at all. The last time we went--for our 100 days, it was also quite busy. I was surprised because it's only a Thursday night. I think that the restaurant has become more popular and discovered by others now too. After our long wait, we finally got a table-near a window too which was nice. I ordered a salad to try something a bit different (I know, it's at a steak place, crazy). It was good, but there was a lot of dressing on it.

When we finished dinner, we walked around Sangsu a bit and decided to walk back to the guesthouse. We had to stop a few times because Jacob's dad was having some pain in his heel. Jacob also bought his dad some ice packs on the way back. We sat and talked in their room a little bit. Jacob went to go get scissors and ended up talking to a Mom and her daughter in the kitchen of the guesthouse for almost 30 minutes. (They were asking for advice about living in Korea as an adoptee.) When he returned, I figured it was time to head home. I took 2 buses to get home. I wasn't paying attention on the 2nd bus and thought it was going a different route and ended up close to my school-I overshot it by 1 or 2 stops.
Jacob and his parents at dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment