Well, I've found that instead of waking up at 7am, my new favorite time to wake up is 6:30 (yes, that happened even on this wonderful 4 day weekend). I'm up before the construction so I can't even blame it on the construction anymore...
I was almost to school when I realized that I forgot my water at home. I stopped in a 7-11 to get some kind of beverage. Inside, there was a sparrow flying around and two workers trying to get it out. The bird got out safely.
Once I got to school, I got a message from my COT telling me that our first class was cancelled because the students were preparing something for Parent's Day (tomorrow) and would reschedule tomorrow afternoon. The 3 classes we had today did a speaking test. It was very easy for me-just asking them how they feel and why, and for them to create a dialog from some pictures.The girl students came to me and my COT had the boy students. While we were testing one on one, the rest of the class was watching a movie. After everyone finished the speaking test, there was about 15 minutes left that I got to see part of the movie as well.
I was again fooled by the lunch. Again it was fried rice and again there was seafood in it; this time tiny little shrimp. Ugh. The afternoon passed quickly (as I had some things I needed to work on and preparation for Erin's stay).
After work, I came home, cleaned and moved some things around to make room for Erin. Then I went to go meet Jacob at the GOAL office. He was still finishing up stuff so he told me to come up to the office. Jes was there, my friend from Denmark. He used to work there, but has recently resigned; he still helps out there and was visiting the office. It was good to see him since I haven't gotten a chance to meet up with him since his return from Denmark in February. I talked with John too. I asked him about the phone that Jacob got and he said he could do some stuff to get the phone to work and if I brought it to him he'd do it.
Jacob and I left to go get dinner at a Mexican place near Eastern. Unfortunately, because of the long weekend, they also took today off so it was closed. We were both pretty bummed. Instead we went to get pho at a Vietnamese restaurant a little closer to his guesthouse. It was really delicious. We also ordered some fried rice that was really good too. After dinner, we stopped at his guesthouse to pick up the phone and took a taxi to Hapjeong; John was having dinner at Wild Fire with Jes and two of Jacob's housemates. John tried to get the phone to work, but it will need a new SIM card. He thinks if I get a SIM card, it should be fine. I felt bad because he tried for about an hour to get it to work. When he was done, Jacob walked me to the subway.
No comments:
Post a Comment