Saturday, May 24, 2014

Itaewon Day

I started the morning with a skype session with Grandpa and Aunt Judy. It's been awhile since I've seen Aunt Jude, so that was nice. After talking with them, I got ready and headed to Itaewon to meet up with Jacob and his parents.

I arrived before them, and just hung out in Itaewon until they arrived. We went to Left Coast for burgers again and I had a hard time picking a burger! I ended up getting the Roasted Pepper burger. It was really good. We also all shared the Totchos again. After lunch we did a little bit of antiquing in the area just down from Itaewon that Jacob and I wandered last time we were in the neighborhood. We walked down the length of Itaewon to do some shopping and hopped the subway to the War Memorial. We walked through the main hall about the Korean War and stopped outside to look at the planes outside. Then we took a taxi back to the guesthouse and took a short break. Next it was off to find dinner. We walked around a little and ended up going to the Mexican place they went to their first night, B'Mucho. It was my first time there--I ordered a spinach quesadilla and it was really good. After dinner we chatted a little and then I came home. It was a quiet evening at home. I bought my ticket home for my visit in August! I'm excited to be coming home and to Milwaukee for 17 days.
Jacob, his mom and dad looking at stuff in Itaewon
Jacob and his Dad at the War Memorial
Spinach quesadilla

No comments:

Post a Comment