Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Buddha's Birthday

Happy Birthday Buddha~~

Yet another "red day" and more construction in the morning...

I went over to Jacob's guesthouse because they were having a BBQ. The Eastern (adoption agency) President's son wanted to have a cookout for the guests of the guesthouse. He brought his 10 year old daughter and a bunch of meat with him. The guys grilled on some grills outside. It was a big meal of meat, kimchi and rice.

After lunch, Jacob and I went to get our haircuts. I was kind of nervous because I don't normally cut my hair often. It's something I think about for awhile and plan before doing. Jacob went first while I continued to look for pictures as an example to show the guy. When Jacob finished with his cut, I still hadn't found anything I really liked. I talked with the guy and he pulled out a tablet and showed sample pictures; after about 5 of them, I found a style I liked. He did a really good job. I had been left unsatisfied with the haircut in December because the bottom was quite "heavy" and thick; plus my perm was still hanging around at the last 2-3 inches which made it curl a bit funny. Anyway, I had about 2 inches cut off, so the perm is finally gone and it thinned out the ends. I really like it.

When our haircuts were finished, we went back to the guesthouse and talked a little bit with Troy, Jacob's roommate and business partner. For dinner, we went to a restaurant called Jenny's Cafe. We shared an eggplant pasta dish and a cesar salad. It was really good. After dinner we hung out more at the guesthouse before I headed home.

I cleaned my place up a bit in preparation for Erin's arrival (Thursday already!). I can't believe she'll be here so soon. I already feel like May is flying! Before I know it, I'll be turning 27! Which makes me 28 in Korean age. Yikes, I'm getting old!
Jacob playing with the granddaughter of Eastern
Some of the steak leftover
New hair cut!

1 comment: