Sunday, June 1, 2014

27th Birthday

Wow--the big 2-7! In Korean age, I'm now the ripe age of 28. Korea sure has a way of aging you!

Jacob came over and we skyped with my Mom and then Grandpa which was a nice treat. When we finished our skyping, Jacob headed to Hapjeong to see our friend John. I went on to meet Phil and Kristin downtown. They already toured City Hall, Cheonggyecheon again and a little of the surrounding area before I got there. Then the three of us went to the King Sejong Museum and Admiral Yi Museum. From there, we walked to Myeongdong and Jacob met us at School Food for lunch. We ordered a type of ddeokboki (rice cake), kimbap, bibimbap and noodles. Phil's favorite was the ddeokboki. After lunch we walked around Myeongdong a little and I showed them the Cathedral. We went to Cacao Green/Red Mango for Triple Chocolate Bingsoo. It was delicious and everyone enjoyed it. After dessert, we headed back to our area stopping off at Ewha (Women's University), Sinchon and finally Hongdae. We parted ways before dinner to take a break. Jacob and I went to a coffee shop and hung out until 6. Then we went for jjimdak (chicken stew) for dinner. Min Kyung and Bora were there as a surprise arranged by Jacob. After dinner we went to Xylophone so Phil and Kristin could try soju. Bora bought a cake roll that we shared and they sang happy birthday to me. It was a fun evening.

After we had our drinks, Bora and MK left. Jacob and I walked Phil and Kristin back to their guesthouse to say goodbye. I was sad to say goodbye and see them leave. It was a short but good visit. I really wish they had had more time here.
Phil, Kristin and me at the King Sejong Museum
Phil and Kristin in front of the Turtle Boat
Triple Chocolate Bingsoo!!
Phil and Kristin in Myeongdong
Jacob and me
Kristin and me at Ewha Univeristy
In the red tube mirror at Sinchon
Jacob, Phil and Kristin at dinner
MK, Bora and me at dinner
Phil and me after dinner
My birthday cake!
Group shot; Bora is hiding!
Jacob and me
Jacob, Phil, Kristin and me
Birthday Cards and presents--so lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment