Friday, June 13, 2014

Date with Jacob

Finally Friday~~a big sigh of relief!

After work, I came home for a short break before meeting Jacob in Sangsu. Originally, we were going to go to Itaewon to try a new Mexican restaurant there. But, we didn't think going into Itaewon on a Friday night would be a good idea. Instead, we went to Julio's in Sangsu (it's a Mexican restaurant chain). We ordered an enchilada and the kimchi carnita fries--both were delicious. After dinner we went to the Red Velvet place for a piece of cake. Simply AMAZING. It is one of the best cakes I've ever had.

Then we walked to Hongdae to go to a phone store for me. Jacob has given me his "old" iphone5 since he now has the Note3. I figured if I'm getting a free phone, I might as well upgrade. We went to the store and the manager was really, really nice. His English was really good and he was helpful and patient. Unfortunately since I'm on Bohye's family plan, the number is registered to her (even though it's her old number) and not to me, so I needed her ID card to purchase a SIM card for the phone. The manager said we could bring in a copy of it to do it, but we would need the ID. I was a little bummed, but contacted Bohye right away to see when she was available to meet or if she could send a copy of her ID. It turns out she quit her piano teaching job last week! She is on a break for about a month before she will look for something else. So, fortunately for me, we were able to make plans to meet up next week so she could come into the store with me. I'm also glad I'll get to see her again.

Jacob and I went back to his guesthouse to hang out for a little bit before calling it an early night--since the World Cup started this morning, he plans on watching almost all of the games. There are some big early ones he wants to see in the morning. Plus, we have our soccer MT (Membership Training) too!

*PS: This was a full moon Friday the 13th! Nothing unlucky happened today!
Delicious enchilada and kimchi fries

No comments:

Post a Comment