Sunday, June 15, 2014

Soccer MT Continued

So, as mentioned previously--the MT did not allow for much sleeping time. I was kept up or woken up a lot by all the noise. There were also mosquitoes on the loose in the room and I got bit 3 times; the worst one being on the bottom of my foot.

Around 4am the room got bright when Stefano turned the TV on to start watching soccer. I finally got up around 6ish when I heard more people moving around and John started cooking breakfast. The first World Cup game of Sunday finished and the second was eagerly watched as it was England vs. Italy. We ate eggs, bacon and toast and got ready to head back down to the field to play. Everyone was a bit disappointed that Jacob couldn't play. We also lost another player--yesterday Ross decided he had to head back to Seoul to get some work done and left.

Well, most of the men on Yoon Jung's uncle's team were probably in their 40's-50's. They had a full team. Originally we were going to rotate with our team, the Russians and the Korean ajushi's (old men), but since we didn't have enough players, we had a few of the Russians join us and had some subs. We played 3 games. We lost the first one, won the second and lost the last one. They were pretty good, but we definitely could have beaten them. Everyone was just a bit off from the night before (lack of sleep) and tired from playing yesterday. We also were missing Jacob! It was fun all the same though. All the ajushi's called me "Maimy" (misheard my name) and were complimenting me and were surprised that I played.

After the 3rd game, we headed back to the pension to get cleaned up and packed up. Before we left, they invited us back down for bbq lunch. So after checking out, we went back and ate with them. The ajushi's wrapped some meat up and would feed me pieces. We stayed a short time-so we didn't hit much traffic upon our return to Seoul.

In the car, Yoon Jung told Jacob and me to get some rest and she would drive carefully. I passed out and slept until we reached the outskirts of Seoul. The traffic was not too bad-it took only about an hour. Though coming from the outskirts in, was almost another hour by itself. We got dropped off near Hapjeong Station and took a taxi back to Jacob's guesthouse. He didn't want to walk much because his toe was hurting.

Jacob took a nap and I watched a movie with some other people in his guesthouse. Then we made fried rice and ordered fried chicken for dinner. After dinner, I took a bus back home.
It was pretty hot out!!
The lone female
It was a lot of fun :)
Taking a break: Jon, Felix and Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment