Sunday, June 29, 2014

Repeat of Last Weekend

This weekend was so similar to last weekend, but it was great all the same. Jacob came over for brunch and I made some breakfast sandwiches with bacon, eggs, mushroom, onions and used the sauce from last nights dinner. They also turned out quite delicious.

When we had finished tidying up, we headed out to soccer. We got to the I'park mall early so Jacob stopped in the Adidas and Nike store to check out soccer stuff. We then went to warm-up. A couple guys were already there. The guys juggled the ball around, but I just sat in the shade out of the sun. It was so hot out. As it turned out, after the "mishap" of having 4 teams last week, we told the high school boys not to return til late fall. And then, people came late and we ended up only having about 10 people total. It would have been nice to have 3 teams so you could sit out and take a break since it was hot. There were a couple new faces this week too.

After soccer, Jacob and I took the subway to church. We stopped at the Tom n Tom's cafe and got a pretzel and cleaned up for church. This week there was a new Korean priest. He was pretty good. When church was over, we headed to Jacob's neighborhood for dinner again at the kimbap shop. Dinner was delicious-I ordered bulgogi stew and Jacob got the "military stew" (it has spam, hot dog, ham, noodles, vegetables and a spicy broth). This dish was popular after the Korean War because many ingredients were scarce or hard to find. We also got mandu. Every meal is served with side dishes, and tonight we were given 6 different sides! There was so much food on our table! We finished dinner and I took a bus home. On a whim, I stopped in the Emart to see if meat was on sale. It was marked down 49%! I snagged 3 packages of ground beef to restock my freezer.
Delicious hearty breakfast sandwich!

No comments:

Post a Comment