We sat down and one of the workers brought some eggs and started talking to us quickly in Korean. I think I understood what he was saying, but I wasn't completely sure so we asked if someone spoke English. He brought over another worker and he explained the menu and the eggs to us. I had understood it all; so I was glad I knew what they were saying! So the eggs were for us to crack into the pan while we waited for them to cook the chicken (usually you cook the dak galbi by yourself in front of you, not the kitchen cooking and bringing it to you!). That was a nice interesting touch. Lunch was good and I think this place used a lot more vegetables than other places I've been to. After we ate, we walked around a little. Since it was Krystle's friend's last day, they had other things on their schedule so they headed out. I walked around Hongdae a little and then Jacob came and met up with me. We had to stop at Hoya's again because the delivery man mixed up Jacob's meal boxes with someone else and he got some seafood dishes so he had to get new side dishes.
After stopping at Hoya's, we went into Mecentapolis Mall. We saw a sign for a foot massage shop that have fish nibble your feet for a pedicure. Actually when Phil and Kristin were here, they considered doing that but we ended up skipping it. Anyway, we saw another shop offering that. We went in to check out the price (30,000W for the fish nibble, plus a foot/lower leg massage) but they weren't "open" between 2 and 5. It was 3pm. We went to HomePlus to look for a healthy snack Jacob could have. While we were there, we ran into an adoptee Jacob knew and chatted with her for a bit. Even after all that, it was still only 4pm. We decided it wouldn't be worth it to try and stick around for another hour PLUS playing soccer tomorrow, so we headed back to my place. We planned that maybe Tuesday we would go.
Back home we had our dinners (I've been buying lettuce and other veggies for salad) and Jacob had his kimchi dinner box. After dinner we watched more TV on my computer.
| Krystle and her friend, plus our delicious dak galbi! |
No comments:
Post a Comment