I stopped at home to grab my computer for when we met Min Kyung. While walking home from school I had noticed the clouds were really, really dark. As soon as I got home, I heard pounding rain. I just missed it, though it was spitting a little when I left to go to the subway to meet Jacob. I got confused and was waiting for him, not realizing that I had to transfer at the station. So I sprinted up the stairs and made it just as the subway was pulling in! We took the subway a station that has an underground tunnel so we wouldn't need to walk outside much.
We went to the meeting spot to wait for MK. We sat on a bench near the street. It was funny because Jacob looked back over his shoulder at the street and he happened to make eye contact with MK on the bus as she was arriving! When she met up with us, she asked him how could he turn and look at her right as her bus was going by! Haha!
MK picked shabu shabu (a kind of soup you cook right in front of you) for her birthday dinner. As I mentioned before, we usually let MK pick where to eat because she can only eat mostly Western food since her husband, Chris, doesn't like some Korean foods. Dinner was good and I treated her for her birthday.
After dinner we went to the cafe in the building I have class. MK helped me put my banking certificate on my new cellphone so I can do online banking on my phone. In Korea, there are all these different certificates you have to get in order to use different programs and accounts. It's a really big hassle and annoying, but it was nice of MK to help me get it all straightened out. I also gave her the NBA tshirt-she was so exited and happy and laughed when she realized what it was. She said it was the best present ever. I was so happy to know that she enjoyed it so much.
We walked to the subway with MK and said goodbye. She unfortunately has a hour and 1/2 commute home. Jacob and I stopped in Hongdae for our friend Eric's birthday. (He was our program coordinator for the Mentoring Program) It was nice to see him again--he is leaving Korea in a few weeks to go to Grad school back in the US. Our friend Kasey (also from the Mentoring Program) got a strawberry cake and it was really good.
![]() |
| Jacob and me with the birthday present from MK |
| MK's banking services |
![]() |
| Kasey, Jacob, me and Eric |


No comments:
Post a Comment