Work went okay. It was a little chaotic in the morning because my COT asked me to teach the lesson I prepared for tomorrow, today for only one of the classes. I was finished with all the planning, but there were some things that needed to be cut before handing out to students.
While at work, I debated should I or shouldn't I go to Korean class. Going won out. I didn't go last week (I wasn't sure if there was class or not) because of Chuseok and figured, I might as well try to get back into it. I also didn't have any plans so I decided a little bit of Korean language wouldn't hurt.
Before I went to class, I stopped at the post office and also got to the downtown area with some time to spare. I did more window shopping before going to class and ended up buying a fall/winter skirt. There was still a little bit of time before class, so I sat by Cheonggyecheon and just took in the cool fall weather and the sound of the running water.
I was a bit confused when I came to class. I saw most of the same students (the ones that didn't pass Intermediate level 1 with me), the same teacher and aide. The only problem was, instead of going back over chapters 1-4, we were looking at chapters 5-8. And there was a level test too! Also found out because of the holiday there WASN'T class last week, so I'm glad I didn't try and go then (so instead of having 6 weeks of classes, there were only 5 within the same 6 week period). The class itself was pretty challenging and the test was brutal. I didn't know any of the points that was on the test, obviously. Of course I will come back for the start of the next session and start chapters 5-8 I guess. Like I said, I'm just not sure why we all advanced from 1-4 to 5-8. Anyway, my big language goal was to finish the textbook, so going ahead to these chapters advances my goal by 6 weeks (at least!).
No comments:
Post a Comment