Tuesday, September 9, 2014

South of the River

I had a lazy morning. I got to skype with both my Mom and Lilly. It was great to talk with Lilly. I got to hear about their trip to Peru and talk some other stuff with her. After talking to them i got in touch with Katie to see what she was up to. She told me to come join her and her cousin (and friends) in Gangnam area.

I got ready and made the long trek there. It took me about an hour to get down there. Katie has taken up rock climbing and she wanted to show her place to her cousin and his friends. They wanted to try it out and take a look. By the time I arrived, they had already checked it out and had moved to a cafe. We sat and chatted for an hour or so-her cousin and one of the friends spoke English really well. The other guy was pretty quiet and shy.

Katie and I finally split and took a walk to Seollung, where there are tombs from royalty from the Joseon Dynasty. It was a really pretty park and lots of green and trees around. I really enjoyed it. We then went in search of dinner. I still don't really have my appetite, but I did see a shabu shabu place and we ate there. I think it was the most I had eaten in awhile. It was fun to connect with Katie and get to know her better. After dinner, it was back to my area.
Katie and me with her cousin and his friends

No comments:

Post a Comment