In the morning I had a long talk with Mom which was really nice. Then it was off to Bucheon to meet Bohye. As it turned out, I arrived early and she wasn't ready yet. So I walked around to see what restaurants were open for lunch. Since this is such a big holiday, not a lot of places were actually open. When Bohye arrived, she suggested a few places, but I told her I didn't have a big appetite and we went to a kimbap shop instead.
After lunch, we decided on "Aiins World", which has miniature, but still big, replicas of different buildings or other famous landmarks from around the world. It was fun to take pictures with them. There was also a short magic show. It was okay, some of the tricks I tried to figure out how he did them. We moved from Aiins World to a nearby park. On the way, we stopped at a traditional folk "museum/village". It had some replica houses and a few activities for the Chuseok holiday. There was a big traditional swing and Bohye and I both went on it. After spending some time there, we moved on to the park. She realized we could rent bikes, so we searched for the rental place and finally found it. We rented the bikes, 3,000W/hour and set off around the big lake in the middle of the park. It was a lot of fun riding the bike and I think it was the best moment of my day. The weather was beautiful. We took a break half way through our hour and got ice cream. The flavor is called "Pig Bar" and it is vanilla ice cream with a strawberry flavored middle, coated with chocolate and cookie pieces. Um...delicious!
When we returned our bikes, we decided we'd get dinner together. I had made tentative plans with Katie for the evening, but hadn't heard back from her so I decided I'd rather continue my time with Bohye. We walked to an area nearby and tried calling a particular restaurant, but they were closed. Instead, we went to the food court at the HomePlus. When we finished dinner, I headed home-it took me a little over an hour; I came from a different subway line and station than when I arrived which was probably part of it. I also had to wait 12 minutes for the first subway!
I got to my neighborhood and thought it was so nice out I would walk along the stream a little bit. As it turned out, the water and light show in the stream was going on, so I sat and watched it before returning home.
 |
| Went to Germany for the afternoon |
 |
| Oh yea, stopped in Peru to see Machu Pichu as well! |
 |
| A bit of a dangerous picture while riding! |
 |
| Big swing |
No comments:
Post a Comment