Saturday, September 13, 2014

Happy Birthday Grandpa!

Even though we had cancelled our plans to go to Busan, I thought maybe I would still go anyway. Except, while I was in the taxi, I realized that I did not have my passport. Now, I'm not 100% positive that I need it, but I remember seeing on paper that they wanted it because I ordered from the English site as a foreigner and not the Korean site. Maybe my Alien card would have been okay, but I didn't feel like bothering with it all. So I told my taxi driver to go back.

I came home and skyped with Mom and Grandpa. Also, because I had woken up so early to catch the train, I ended up taking a nap. In the afternoon I made plans with my friend Sumi (I met her at Inje) for dinner. I took yet another walk along the stream near me, all the way to Hongdae. I stopped near the World Cup Stadium to take a break and enjoy the quiet. The sky was clear and the mountains were really pretty.

When I got to Hongdae, Sumi told me she would be an hour late, so I just sat outside and waited for her, people watching. Unfortunately I got a few mosquito bites while I waited. We finally met up and went to Oodle Noodle for dinner. I had been wanting to eat here since I'd returned to Korea. We had a long chat over dinner and then moved to a cafe. The last time we had met was in July, but it was good to see her and catch up. I'm very thankful for the girlfriends I have here.

No comments:

Post a Comment